– Professor at the Department of Educational Sciences and Early Childhood Education, University of Patras (2013-).
– Academic staff at the Hellenic Open University (2004-)
– Visiting professor at the Department of Education, University of Cyprus (1999-2000, 2009, 2013).
– Key researcher in national and international funded research projects in the frame of Science Education.
– Involved for years in the pre-service and in-service training of teachers in the preschool, primary and secondary education.
Other scientific and administrative activities
– Guest editor for a special issue of ‘Science and Education’ Journal concerning ‘The 4th Hellenic Conference on the History and Philosophy of Science and Science Teaching’ (2009)
– National representative for OECD Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA):
|2002||3rd Meeting of National Project Managers (Melbourne, 20/10 – 25/10/2002)|
|2003||1st meeting of the PISA Science Forum (Paris, 3/12 – 4/12/2003)|
|2003||2nd meeting of the PISA 2006 Science Forum (Paris, 27/2 – 28/2/2003)|
|2004||Meeting of National Project Managers (Athens, 1/3 – 5/3/2004)|
– Μember of the editorial board of Review of Science, Mathematics and ICT Education published by the Department of Educational Sciences and Early Childhood Education of Patras University (http://www.ecedu.upatras.gr/review/)
– Member of the reviewer board of Science & Education (http://www.springerlink.com/content/102992/), International Journal of Environmental and Science Education (http://www.ijese.com/), The Science Education Review (http://www.scienceeducationreview.com/), Themes in Science and Technology Education (http://earthlab.uoi.gr/theste).
– Deputy Head of the Department of Educational Sciences and Early Childhood Education, University of Patras (2011-2013).
– Head of the Department of Educational Sciences and Early Childhood Education, University of Patras (2016-2018).